- CARES stands for Child Aviation Restraint System. CARES is a harness-type safety device designed for children who weigh between 22-44 lbs and are sitting in their own airplane seats. (Generally 1-4/5 years old.)
- CARES takes the place of a car seat when traveling by air with your children and provides an equivalent level of safety (ELOS) to a car seat. (Stated in the FAA certification designation)
- CARES weighs 1 pound (car seats weigh 15-20 lbs).
- CARES comes in a 6 inch stuff sack that fits in a pocket or purse. (Car seats are over 2 feet high, 20 inches wide, heavy, bulky and hard to carry)
- CARES is designed specifically for air travel: it is portable, light weight and easy to use.
- CARES takes one minute to install on any airplane seat and augments the regular lap belt.
- Parents who need the car seat at the other end of trip can ship it through as luggage, and carry their CARES on board.
- CARES has been certified by Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Certification for many other countries is in process.